The main philosophy of Windsor Atlantica is to integrate man, nature, employees and neighboring communities, without degrading or generating significant environmental and socio-cultural impacts, in the search for continuous improvement with the prevention of pollution and other impacts, complying with the applicable laws and ensuring the viability Economic development of the Hotel, so we implemented a Sustainability Management System to integrate the hotel’s operational management with sustainable issues.
In 2012, Windsor Atlantica was the first hotel in Brazil to receive the GOLD certification in Travelife – Sustainability in Tourism – an international certification of sustainability for hotels and accommodation, valid for 2 years. At the end of 2014, after a new audit, the certifying body decided to keep the TRAVELIFE GOLD certification, as it evidenced compliance with the newly revised requirements and for having perceived the increasing sustainability performance.
Travelife is an international certification system that seeks to promote sustainability in the tourism industry by helping to manage its social and environmental impacts as well as communicating its achievements to stakeholders.
Know our Sustainability policy
The Windsor Atlantica Hotel, part of the largest hotel group in the city of Rio de Janeiro, is committed to sustainability in management. In synergy with our mission, vision and values establishes its sustainability policy based on the pillars below:
S atisfy customer expectations for services rendered.
E stablish and track goals, targets and indicators of sustainability.
R espect the applicable legal requirements.
V erify the adequacy of the Sustainability Management System, seeking continuous improvement.
E ngage and integrate employees, ensuring good working conditions and to preserve human rights.
In pursuit of the achievement of our sustainability policy, the following actions are already in place at the Windsor Atlantica Hotel.
• The Windsor Atlantica Hotel was honored with the title of ECOLÍDERES by Tripadvisor site in its highest category – Platinum (EcoLíder Platina: meets the minimum requirements and has reached the score range of 60% or higher).
• Low consumption bulbs with use of LED technology in all rooms.
• Lobby halls with use of compact fluorescent low-energy lamps.
• Sensors of presence in the common social corridors (8th to 37th floor).
• Use of magnetic card lock systems to turn off electricity when rooms are vacant.
• Automatic devices in rooms to turn off the air conditioner when a window is opened.
• Prioritization of natural lighting in rooms.
• Faucets with flow regulators and discharges in toilets by two flow system.
• Low-consumption faucets with temperature control by electronic controllers that maintains the temperature at 60 degrees.
• System of recovery of the waters of the sinks and showers by activated carbon filter for use in the discharges.
• Rainwater harvesting to be reused in the discharges.
• Water from the first laundry washing in the laundry is reused in the rinse.
• Energy-saving inserts for reducing the flow of water in the showers of the apartments and locker rooms.
• Reception of schools and courses for technical visits.
• Windsor Atlantica took over, together with the city hall, the renovation and maintenance of Boulevard Square.
• Chemical Leasing Systematics of the cleaning products used in the hotel. Winner of the “GLOBAL CHEMICAL LEASING AWARD – 2014” Award from the United Nations Industrial Development Organization with the action of Chemical Leasing.
• Waste management according to local legislation.
• Waste paper / cardboard, aluminum and pet bottles are segregated and sent to recycling companies.
• Information cards placed in the rooms, giving the guest the option to change his towel or not and his trousseau during his daily stay, reducing the need for washing.
• Employees are reminded to save energy and water through information boards in the departments.
• Implementation of the Inventory of Greenhouse Gases, totaling the amount of GHGs issued in the year.
• Unused donations of donations to non-governmental organizations.
• Periodic campaigns to collect donations between employees to donate to non-governmental organizations.
• Conduct employee awareness events periodically.
• Vaccination campaign aimed at immunizing employees.
• Measurement of environmental noise at the property boundary in order to assess the noise disturbance issued to the community.
• Creation of leitur space